I wish to contest my citation, what do I do?

If you wish to appear to contest your citation, report to court on the date listed on your citation.
If the citation does not require a mandatory appearance and you wish to plead NOT GUILTY, you may do so by completing this form and mailing to:
Ozaukee County Circuit Court
ATTN: Traffic Clerk
P.O. Box 994
Port Washington, WI 53074, or faxing to 262-284-8491. The request must be received BEFORE THE COURT DATE AND MUST INCLUDE a copy of the citation, your current address, and a statement that you wish to plead NOT GUILTY. You may confirm the plea was received by reviewing your case at wicourts.gov or by calling 262-284-8409. Notice of the next court date, place, and time will be mailed to you.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I obtain a transcript of my hearing?
2. How long are case files kept?
3. How do I find my case number and case information?
4. How do I get copies of documents in a case file?
5. I received a traffic citation. What should I do?
6. I wish to contest my citation, what do I do?
7. Can I request Clerk of Circuit Court office staff to change my court date?
8. I didn't show up for court. What happens now?
9. I have a warrant, what should I do?
10. My driver's license has been suspended because I didn't pay my fine. What should I do?
11. How can I reopen my civil traffic or forfeiture case?
12. How do I get a lawyer?
13. I posted bail. How do I get my bail money back?
14. Why was my State tax refund intercepted?
15. How do I satisfy a judgment for a debt discharged in bankruptcy?
16. How do I exempt my vehicle from an ignition interlock order?
17. Where do I get forms to file for post-judgment actions in family?
18. Where do I get forms to file for divorce?
19. Where do I get forms to file a small claims action?
20. I can't make my court date. How do I reschedule a court date?
21. What if there are no forms for my situation?
22. What form do I use that allows a party dissatisfied with the results of a hearing before the Family Court Commissioner to request a new hearing on the same issues before a circuit judge?
23. How can I appeal a circuit court decision?