How do victims get restitution?
Victims should receive notice of juvenile hearings and they have the right to make a statement to the court regarding their circumstances. Victims receive a Victim Impact Statement form in the mail. Through the use of the form, victims indicate how this situation has affected them, and they can indicate a restitution amount for any personal injury, property damage or loss. Through juvenile supervision, whether informal or formal, juveniles will be required to pay restitution to the victim(s).

Parents may also be required to pay restitution for the actions of their child. Juveniles have the length of their juvenile supervision to pay the requested restitution. Victims do have the right to pursue the restitution in Civil Court. Juveniles are required to pay restitution to the Ozaukee County Department of Human Services. The collected restitution is sent to the victim.

If you have questions, please contact Human Services.

Show All Answers

1. What is delinquency supervision?
2. Why do I have to come to Human Services for being alleged delinquent?
3. What is on-call intake?
4. Why can a 17 year old be charged in adult court on a criminal offence, but be kept in juvenile court for missing school?
5. How does adjudication as a juvenile affect a juvenile's record / future?
6. What happens if a juvenile and his / her parents decline to be involved in an Intake Inquiry Interview?
7. How can parents be held responsible / liable for damages?
8. How do juveniles get placed outside of their home?
9. Can a juvenile be placed into a boot camp?
10. Can a juvenile be emancipated in Wisconsin?
11. How do victims get restitution?