Uncontrolled stormwater runoff can have adverse impacts on land and water resources. To reduce these impacts, a Stormwater Management Permit may be required for specific land disturbing activities occurring within Ozaukee County, per Ozaukee County Ordinance Chapter 14

Permit Application & Fees: 

If earth-disturbing activities on your property fall within the ordinance 14.06 requirements, please reach out to our Department for required documents that will need to be submitted BEFORE any site work begins. 

Please note: If your project lies within any City, Village or Township in Ozaukee County, erosion control and stormwater management is administered through their permitting offices and ordinances.


Illicit Discharges

To report an illicit discharge into the community waters or storm sewers of Ozaukee County, please contact:

Land and Water Management Department

Monday-Friday - 8:00am-4:30pm @ (262) 284-8313 or


Stormwater Education

Ozaukee County is in collaboration with Southeastern Watersheds Trust (Sweet Water) and contributes to the Respect Our Waters campaign, which aims to improve the public’s understanding of stormwater runoff and water pollution. Please visit their websites to learn more! 

Click the links below for more information about the following topics:

 Public Comment

As a Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4), the County is required to maintain a Stormwater Permit with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. This permit requires us to submit an annual report summarizing what is completed under our Stormwater Management Program (SWMP). If you would like to find out more information on our SWMP or to view our annual reports, please contact us @ (262) 284-8271 or

Ozaukee County MS4 Map Final 8-11-21