All documents must be filed to commence the adoption proceedings. Juvenile forms may be accessed on the Wisconsin Court System or Wisconsin Department of Children and Families. A packet of forms is also available from the Clerk of Courts Office for $5.

Domestic Adoption Forms

Form NumberForm Name
JC-1645Petition for Adoption - Child / Adult
To initiate a proceeding in the court for approval of an adoption of a child or adult.
JC-1641Order for Hearing and Investigation - Adoptive Placement / Adoption
Court order directing an investigation for an adoptive placement and/or adoption.
GF-150Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Act Affidavit
Oath by petitioner to meet the jurisdictional requirements of the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Act.
JC-1646Consent to Adoption
Affidavit by the parent whose rights were not terminated consenting to the adoption of their biological child. Affidavit of a minor over 12 years of age consenting to their adoption by their stepparent.
Ozaukee County FormReceipt for Medical / Genetic Information
Affidavit signed by the adopting parent acknowledging receipt of all medical / genetic information.
JC-1647Order for Adoption
Order formally indicating the court's decision to grant the adoption petition.
JC-1640Petition for Adoptive Placement (if applicable)
Petition to seek the court's approval for the placement of a child in a home for pre-adoption purposes.
JC-1642Order for Adoptive Placement (if applicable)
Order placing a child in a proposed adoptive home for pre-adoption purposes.
DHFS Form HCF5022Report of Adoption (not available on website)
Statistical form to amend birth certificate.

Supporting Documents

  • Copy of original birth certificate
  • Certified copy of order concerning termination of parental rights
  • Investigative home study report
  • Recommendation of agency / guardian

This guideline is provided as a public service and is not intended to be legal advice. If you have any questions about the form or the procedure, please contact an attorney as the Clerk of Courts cannot give legal advice.