Residents of Ozaukee County have long known that they may call 911 for police, fire or medical assistance. What you may not be aware of is that the Ozaukee County Sheriff’s Office, Public Health Department, and Emergency Management participate within a mass alert notification system similar to a reverse of the 911 system. We have the ability to send voice and text messages that alert the community to a variety of emergency and non-emergency circumstances. Such messages may be community wide or very specific geographically.
The alert notification system is provided by Alert Sense. Stay informed by choosing which alerts you would like to receive, ranging from local crime alerts or severe weather alerts.
Receive alerts from public safety agencies, providing advanced
warning of life threatening events and emergencies, such as:
- Crime/Imminent Danger
- Evacuation Alert
- Hazardous Materials
- Local Area Emergency
- Missing Persons/Amber Alert
Severe Weather Alerts
Receive advanced warning of severe weather with targeted alerts, if you or one of your locations is in the direct path of the storm. Recipients can be selected geographically by drawing an impact area on a map, and by the expressed notification interests of targeted opt-in subscribers.
Multi-Channel Alert Delivery
- Geo-targeted reverse 911: We can issue voice alerts to residents and businesses through map-based selection.
- IPAWS Alerts: We have the ability to reach all the cellphones users, including unregistered visitors, in the impact area through Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA). Broadcast EAS alerts through Radio and TV networks.
- Subscriber Alerts: We can notify public subscribers through their preferred contact method, including text, mobile app, email or voice call.
- Social Media: We can then post the latest updates to our social media sites for the community to view.
Alert Sense has a simple process in place that enhances our opportunity to contact you via your cell phone, text, email or other means. We encourage you to visit Alert Sense and get signed up today!
Please note that the information you are adding is confidential and you are not giving permission to private or political solicitation of any kind. Be aware, your standard text messaging rates apply and you may unsubscribe at any time.